While staying at Shorewater Resort you get to experience the wonders of the natural beachfront, exploring and taking walks, or just good old fun building a sand castle. The town has a lot to offer as well. With a regular shuttle bus service into town you can spend an afternoon exploring shops or have coffee at a café or The Step Above in Qualicum Foods.
You have many options for dining as well, with a few favourite restaurants within walking distance like Fish Tales, Deez, and The Shady. Or check out one of many restaurants in town like Giovanni’s, Lefty’s, or Gary’s.
This wonderful view is from near the Qualicum Beach Visitor Centre, our friends at the Qualicum Beach Chamber of Commerce.
Activities range from the Qualicum Beach Farmers Market on Saturdays, artisan markets by the Old School House Art Centre, watching a play by the Echo Players and B2B Players, taking the family for a swim at Ravensong Aquatic Centre, a round of golf, or a relaxing afternoon at one of the many day spas in town.
Here are a few regular scheduled events that occur annually in Qualicum Beach;
- Qualicum Beach Family Day
- Rhododendron Festival and Art & Photography in the Garden
- Father’s Day Show and Shine
- Fire and Ice Festival, the first Saturday of May
- Bard to Broadway
Even though we are a small town we have lots to do. For more information you can visit our chamber site and click on visitor.
Our surrounding communities also have a lot to offer. Depending on what you and your family enjoy, we are certain there is an activity for you.
Here are some favourite activities to do in the Oceanside area;
- Englishman River Falls Provincial Park
- Little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park
- Cathedral Grove Provincial Park
- Tiger Lilly Farms
- Horne Lake Caves Provincial Park
- Coombs Country Market (with the goats on the roof!)
- North Island Wildlife Recovery and Education Centre
- Butterfly World and Gardens Big Bug Jungle
- Morningstar Farm: Little Qualicum Cheeseworks
- French Creek Marina
- Lighthouse Country
- Spider Lake
- Paradise Adventure Mini-Golf and Bumper Boats
- And multiple areas for trail hiking
This wonderful view is from the Qualicum Beach Memorial Golf Course, one of the most photographed golf courses in British Columbia.
Other annual events include;
- Coombs Country Rodeo
- Canada Day Celebration
- Parksville Beach Festival
- Jazz, Tea, and Cheesecake at Little Qualicum Cheeseworks
- St. Marks Fair
If not right outside your doorstep, it is only a few minutes away, for you to find all the activities and natural beauty that Qualicum Beach and the Oceanside area has to offer.